--Articles about Landscape Architecture
ASLA Applauds Introduction of TREES Act
The TREES Act incentivizes tree-planting programs that bring down energy consumption while sequestering excess carbon that exacerbates the climate crisis. It also pays special attention to environmental justice [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), January 15, 2020
Selecting and caring for your poinsettia
No flower says Christmas like the poinsettia. Now is the time of year when these colorful plants adorn mantels, tables and hallways across the country. [..]
-->Press-release; University of Missouri Extension - December 13, 2019
ASLA Business Survey Shows Steady Conditions for Landscape Architecture Firms
Business is picking up for landscape architecture firms, according to the American of Landscape Architects (ASLA) Business Quarterly survey for the third quarter of 2018. Based on the responses of [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), October 31, 2018.
ASLA Announces Newest Honors Recipients
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) today announced its 2017 honors recipients. Selected by ASLA’s Board of Trustees, the honors represent the highest awards ASLA presents each year. The honors will be presented at [..]
-->Press-release; American Landscape Association, June 13, 2017
American Society of Landscape Architects Announces 2016 Honors
Washington, D.C., June 28, 2016 – The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) today announced its 2016 honors recipients. Selected by ASLA’s Board of Trustees, the honors represent the highest awards ASLA presents each year. The honors will be [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architects, June 28, 2016
New turfgrass handbook available through AgriLife Extension
Homeowners and professional turfgrass managers now have a new Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service publication available to help them when selecting herbicides, insecticides and fungicides to control common turfgrass pests. Regardless of the type of turfgrass [..]
-->Press-release; Agrilife Today (Texas A&M University), April 29, 2016
Survey Reveals Top Ten Design Trends for Residential Landscape Architecture
Sustainable design is the big trend for residential landscapes, according to the 2016 Residential Landscape Architecture Trends Survey conducted by the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA). The top trend—rainwater/graywater harvesting—reflects a growing consumer demand for beautiful residential landscapes that also save water. [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architects - WASHINGTON, D.C.
ASLA Statement on Historic Passage of FAST Act
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) commends the leaders of the U.S. House and Senate for their passage of a bipartisan, multiyear transportation reauthorization bill, [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), December 4, 2015
Business Conditions Flatten for Landscape Architecture Firms, Says ASLA Survey
Business Conditions Flatten for Landscape Architecture Firms, Says Survey
Billable hours and inquiries for new work dip, with hiring holding steady.
Washington, D.C., October 27, 2015—Business conditions for landscape architecture firms declined slightly for the third quarter of 2015, according to [..]
-->Press-release; American Society of Landscape Architect, October 27, 2015
A selection of links to press-releases, news-articles and documents about agriculture and landscape:
- FAO welcomes €17 million contribution from Germany to combat the impact of the Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa. Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO), February 28, 2020.
- Tulips grow in winter, thanks to the summer sun. Wageningen University & Research, February 12, 2020.
- Traditional Chinese medicinal plant yields new insecticide compounds. American Chemical Society, January 29, 2020
- CAFIA detected 71 cases of non-compliant advertising of food in 2019 The Czech Agriculture and Food Inspection Authority (CAFIA), January 24, 2020.
- Protecting plants, protecting life: Canada celebrates 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health. Canadian Food Inspection Agency, January 16, 2020.
- Purdue scientists develop way to track salmonella infection in real time. Purdue University - West Lafayette, Indiana (USA), January 7, 2020.
- Researchers reveal secret of Chinese medicinal herb. Wageningen University & Research, December 18, 2019.
- Towards faster cooking varieties of beans: ACIAR launches an innovative breeding project in East Africa. Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), December 11, 2019.
- Woody Plants with Undesirable Tendencies. American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) - November 26, 2019.
- New material points toward highly efficient solar cells. Purdue University - West-Lafayette - Indiana (USA), November 12, 2019.
- African swine fever: early detection is key to controlling spread. European Food-Safety Authority, November 5, 2019.
- What is phytoremediation? Soil Science Society of America,October 15, 2019.
- A no-deal Brexit threatens the long-term sustainability of British agriculture. The Soil Association (UK), October 10, 2019.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle: the future of phosphorus. The American Society of Agronomy, September 13, 2019.
- Flying insects in hospitals carry 'superbug' germs . British Pest Control Association, August 23, 2019.
- VIDEO: A practical approach to wasp management British Pest Control Association, August 9, 2019.
- Scientists call for modernization of EU gene-editing legislation . Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, July 29, 2019.
- Regulation of root growth from afar - How genes from leaf cells affect root growth . Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, July 19, 2019.
- The Soil Association welcomes the government’s commitment to sustainable food and farming in the upcoming National Food Strategy - The Soil Association (UK), June 27, 2019.
- Rural 4G proposals need guarantees for consumers and businesses - Country Land and Business Association (CLA - UK), June 4, 2019.
- How does root depth affects the nearby soil? Soil Science Society of America, May 16, 2019.
- USDA Accepting Applications to Help Cover Producers’ Costs for Organic Certification - USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA), May 6, 2019.
- USDA Reaffirms Science-Based Decision Making at G20 Agricultural Chief Scientists Meeting - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Aprile 26, 2019.
- Supporting Farmers' Mental Health - Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA; Canada), April 22, 2019.
- House Agriculture Subcommittee on Biotechnology, Horticulture, and Research Welcomes 4-H Youth Leaders House Committee on Agriculture (USA), April 09, 2019.
- You can find more news-articles and document review in the Agrolinker's FORUM BOARDS
- You can send your agro-scientific press-releases to (remove the Xes): comunicatiXXX@XXXagrolinker.com (please, add also a link to the page where the press-release is published).