With sufficient and smart support, refugees can positively impact European and other host countries
The surge of refugees, including those flowing into Europe from Syria, can positively affect economic growth by increasing the labor force and boosting demand for goods, without introducing [..]
-->Press-release; The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), November 25, 2015
Africa’s Food Security Threatened by Deadly Maize Disease
More than 150 participants will gather in Nairobi for an international conference from May 12 to 14, 2015, to share knowledge on the latest diagnostics and screening methods for the maize lethal necrosis (MLN) disease [..]
-->Press-release; CIMMYT, via CGIAR Consortium press-release, May 11, 2015
Congolese soldiers learn self-sufficiency in food production
The adage attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte that “an army travels on its stomach” is as true today as ever, according to participants in the Camp Base Agricultural Initiative in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The goal of this agriculture initiative [..]
-->Press-release; AFRICOM, Borlaug Institute partner in agricultural initiative - AgNMore News - Texas A & M University, May 27, 2010
A selection of links to press-releases, news-articles and documents about agriculture and landscape:
- FAO welcomes €17 million contribution from Germany to combat the impact of the Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa. Food and Agriculture Organization (UN-FAO), February 28, 2020.
- Tulips grow in winter, thanks to the summer sun. Wageningen University & Research, February 12, 2020.
- Traditional Chinese medicinal plant yields new insecticide compounds. American Chemical Society, January 29, 2020
- CAFIA detected 71 cases of non-compliant advertising of food in 2019 The Czech Agriculture and Food Inspection Authority (CAFIA), January 24, 2020.
- Protecting plants, protecting life: Canada celebrates 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health. Canadian Food Inspection Agency, January 16, 2020.
- Purdue scientists develop way to track salmonella infection in real time. Purdue University - West Lafayette, Indiana (USA), January 7, 2020.
- Researchers reveal secret of Chinese medicinal herb. Wageningen University & Research, December 18, 2019.
- Towards faster cooking varieties of beans: ACIAR launches an innovative breeding project in East Africa. Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), December 11, 2019.
- Woody Plants with Undesirable Tendencies. American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) - November 26, 2019.
- New material points toward highly efficient solar cells. Purdue University - West-Lafayette - Indiana (USA), November 12, 2019.
- African swine fever: early detection is key to controlling spread. European Food-Safety Authority, November 5, 2019.
- What is phytoremediation? Soil Science Society of America,October 15, 2019.
- A no-deal Brexit threatens the long-term sustainability of British agriculture. The Soil Association (UK), October 10, 2019.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle: the future of phosphorus. The American Society of Agronomy, September 13, 2019.
- Flying insects in hospitals carry 'superbug' germs . British Pest Control Association, August 23, 2019.
- VIDEO: A practical approach to wasp management British Pest Control Association, August 9, 2019.
- Scientists call for modernization of EU gene-editing legislation . Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, July 29, 2019.
- Regulation of root growth from afar - How genes from leaf cells affect root growth . Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, July 19, 2019.
- The Soil Association welcomes the government’s commitment to sustainable food and farming in the upcoming National Food Strategy - The Soil Association (UK), June 27, 2019.
- Rural 4G proposals need guarantees for consumers and businesses - Country Land and Business Association (CLA - UK), June 4, 2019.
- How does root depth affects the nearby soil? Soil Science Society of America, May 16, 2019.
- USDA Accepting Applications to Help Cover Producers’ Costs for Organic Certification - USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA), May 6, 2019.
- USDA Reaffirms Science-Based Decision Making at G20 Agricultural Chief Scientists Meeting - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Aprile 26, 2019.
- Supporting Farmers' Mental Health - Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA; Canada), April 22, 2019.
- House Agriculture Subcommittee on Biotechnology, Horticulture, and Research Welcomes 4-H Youth Leaders House Committee on Agriculture (USA), April 09, 2019.