Latest English AgSciences News-Digest, from the Twitter page @forumagrolinker (till: March 10, 2018)
A periodical English news-digest about agsciences, from @foroagrolinker Twitter-page.
Latest English Rural Landscape News-Digest, from the Twitter page @agri_landscapes (till: March 11, 2018)
A periodical English news-digest about rural and agricultural landscapes, from @agri_landscapes Twitter-page.
Latest English AgPolicy & Economics News-Digest, from the Twitter page @foroagrolinker (till: March 10, 2018)
A periodical English news-digest about agricultural policy and economics, from @foroagrolinker Twitter-page.
Study tests the complexity of important plant hormones
A Purdue University study confirms complex associations among plant hormones and their signaling pathways that are key to controlling plant architecture. Plant architecture is partly controlled through the production and perception of plant hormones. The loss of [..]
-->Press-release; Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, August 7, 2017
Trump’s proposed budget would cut crop insurance options for farmers
Farmers giving Farm Bill testimony have stated their number one farm safety net is the crop insurance program. Crop insurance targets payments only to farmers who have losses caused by drought, heat, wind, hail and other weather perils; provides a backstop to marketing; and provides loan collateral. [..]
-->Press-release; Kansas State University - 'K-State' Research and Extension, June 13, 2017
ASLA Announces Newest Honors Recipients
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) today announced its 2017 honors recipients. Selected by ASLA’s Board of Trustees, the honors represent the highest awards ASLA presents each year. The honors will be presented at [..]
-->Press-release; American Landscape Association, June 13, 2017
Six-legged livestock -- sustainable food production
Identifying areas of particular high impact is an important step to improving the environmental sustainability of production systems. Insects have been heralded as the foods of the future - and now the first study to measure the environmental impacts and identify hotspots associated with commercial insect production has [..]
-->Press-release; Faculty of Science - University of Copenhagen, May 11, 2017
Overuse of antibiotics brings risks for bees -- and for us
Researchers from The University of Texas at Austin have found that honeybees treated with a common antibiotic were half as likely to survive the week after treatment compared with a group of untreated bees, a finding that may have health implications for bees and people alike. [..]
-->Press-release; University of Texas - Austin, March 14, 2017
Big data is coming to agriculture
Unmanned aerial vehicles, autonomous tractors and other technologies will continue to emerge as producers meet world food needs in the near and distant future, according to experts. Those experts believe technology will continue to emerge and make possible giant leaps throughout the next decade [..]
-->Article published on January 05, 2017
Growth or Defence - How plants set their priorities
Sulfur belongs to the macro-nutrients and has a variety of tasks in plants. It is not only involved in the synthesis of substances which are important for plant growth, but is also an important component of substances whose function is the defence against diseases and pests. Currently, a research group [..]
-->Press-release; Max Planck Institute (Germany), November 02, 2016
A selection of links to press-releases, news-articles and documents about agriculture and landscape:
- The Philadelphia GSI (Green StormWater Infrastructure) Landscape Design Guidebook of the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) (Article published in the ASLA's 'The Field' website; Asla is the American Society of Landscape Architects).
- Walnuts impact gut microbiome and improve health (News published by the University of Illinois - College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences - CAES; May 3, 2018).
- 'Citrus greening taking over Florida groves, while UF searches for a cure' (Article published by the CBS - Florida website).
- The rose genome deciphered: from the origin of modern roses to the characteristics of their blooms (Press-Release - French National Institute for Agricultural Research, May 3, 2018).
- '4 Things You Should Know about Remote Sensing in Agriculture' (Article published by AgFunder News; San Francisco - California - USA).
- 'State shares of total U.S. irrigated acres, in 2012' (Source: USDA ERS - 2012 Census of Agriculture - State Data, published by the 'Farm Policy' - Twitter page of the University of Illinois, Urbana - Champaigns).
- Ash dieback threatens 95% of all European ash trees - A Research from Earlham Institute (Source: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council - BBSRC; April 23, 2018).
- USGS Scientists Develop New Tool to Determine if Vermiculite Insulation Contains Asbestos U.S. Geological Survey (USGS - April 5, 2018).
- 'Biosecurity Matters - Australia is free from many pests and diseases found around the world.' Some videos published by the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources of Australia.
- Study finds direct evidence of exposure of pregnant women to herbicide ingredient (News-release; University of Indiana press-release, March 22, 2018).
- What do agronomists do? YouTube page of the American Society of Agronomy.
- How to create a continuous thermochemical process that produces biocrude from algae (News bu the Pacific North-West National Laboratory - PNNL-LAB - USA).
- 2017-2018 Florida Citrus Production Guide (Source: University of Florida - Citrus Extensione Service; USA).
- Some graphic suggestion about managing your poultry during the birdmigration season, in order to prevent the spread of the avian-flu (avian-influenza) Article published by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Northern Ireland.
- Coffee requires cancer warning, California judge rules (News published by NBCNews.com, March 30, 2018).
- Farmer guides to Tropical Crops like mango, citrus fruits, pineapple, poultry, dairy, beekeeping. (News published by the National Agricultural Advisory Service of Uganda).
- 'K-State researchers make breakthrough in understanding glyphosate resistance' News published by The Fence Post (newspaper, USA).
- A guide for PhDs and early career researchers interested in a postdoc (Source: ecrLife website - 'Highlighting initiatives to improve the way science is performed and communicated').
- 'Ugandan journalists vow to change rhetoric against science' (Source: International Service for the Aquisition of Agri-Biotech Applications SEAsiaCenter - ISAAA).
- A simple pump operated by a motorbike is the latest innovation for farmers keen on irrigation due to its cost effectiveness Source: FarmBizAfrica.com
- The 19 'Drought and Water Management Tip Sheets', about California-crops drought-management (Source: California Istitute for Water Resources). It has also inspired a video, produced by the UCANR.
- 'Did you know that there are around 50 species of daffodil (Narcissus) but more than 15,000 cultivated varieties? (Source: Twitter-page of KewGardens).
- Secretary Vilsack Announces $36.5 Million for Specialty Crop Research and Extension Investments - United States Departement of Agriculture, August 2, 2016
- New EU study reveals EU would need 19 million more hectares of farm land to produce same amount of food without plant breeding techniques [..] ('.pdf') - - European Farmers European Agri-Cooperatives (Copa - Cogeca), July 28, 2016
- Innovations from Crop Research - SCI, July 28, 2016
- You can find more news-articles and document review in the Agrolinker's FORUM BOARDS
- You can send your agro-scientific press-releases to (remove the Xes): comunicatiXXX@XXXagrolinker.com (please, add also a link to the page where the press-release is published).