Study tests the complexity of important plant hormones
A Purdue University study confirms complex associations among plant hormones and their signaling pathways that are key to controlling plant architecture. Plant architecture is partly controlled through the production and perception of plant hormones. The loss of [..]
-->Press-release; Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, August 7, 2017
Growth or Defence - How plants set their priorities
Sulfur belongs to the macro-nutrients and has a variety of tasks in plants. It is not only involved in the synthesis of substances which are important for plant growth, but is also an important component of substances whose function is the defence against diseases and pests. Currently, a research group [..]
-->Press-release; Max Planck Institute (Germany), November 02, 2016
Researchers identify gene that controls soybean seed permeability, calcium content
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University researchers have pinpointed the gene that controls whether soybean seed coats are hard or permeable, a finding that could be used to develop better varieties for southern and tropical regions, enrich the crop’s genetic diversity and boost the nutritional value of soybeans. [..]
-->Press-release; Purdue University (Indiana, USA) - Agronomy Department, June 22, 2015
Electricity can be generated by photosyntetic pigments integrated into an experimental photovoltaic cell
It looks like a strange idea to think, one day, you could light your bedroom by means of a lamp screwed at the top of a fruit juice bottle, but almost every plant biologist can perhaps realize the starting point of a research aiming to get artificial light from plant compounds.
What you need are [...]
Hard time for italian researchers in the Life Science sector
The Research Institute on the Population and Social Policies (IRPPS) of the Italian Research Council (CNR) has developed a study taking part to 'Rescar' (Researcher’s Careers) a more wide European project, about the career of Life Sciences researchers. [..]
-->Article published on October 31, 2008
A selection of links to press-releases, news-articles and documents about agriculture and landscape:
- The Philadelphia GSI (Green StormWater Infrastructure) Landscape Design Guidebook of the Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) (Article published in the ASLA's 'The Field' website; Asla is the American Society of Landscape Architects).
- Walnuts impact gut microbiome and improve health (News published by the University of Illinois - College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences - CAES; May 3, 2018).
- 'Citrus greening taking over Florida groves, while UF searches for a cure' (Article published by the CBS - Florida website).
- The rose genome deciphered: from the origin of modern roses to the characteristics of their blooms (Press-Release - French National Institute for Agricultural Research, May 3, 2018).
- '4 Things You Should Know about Remote Sensing in Agriculture' (Article published by AgFunder News; San Francisco - California - USA).
- 'State shares of total U.S. irrigated acres, in 2012' (Source: USDA ERS - 2012 Census of Agriculture - State Data, published by the 'Farm Policy' - Twitter page of the University of Illinois, Urbana - Champaigns).
- Ash dieback threatens 95% of all European ash trees - A Research from Earlham Institute (Source: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council - BBSRC; April 23, 2018).
- USGS Scientists Develop New Tool to Determine if Vermiculite Insulation Contains Asbestos U.S. Geological Survey (USGS - April 5, 2018).
- 'Biosecurity Matters - Australia is free from many pests and diseases found around the world.' Some videos published by the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources of Australia.
- Study finds direct evidence of exposure of pregnant women to herbicide ingredient (News-release; University of Indiana press-release, March 22, 2018).
- What do agronomists do? YouTube page of the American Society of Agronomy.
- How to create a continuous thermochemical process that produces biocrude from algae (News bu the Pacific North-West National Laboratory - PNNL-LAB - USA).
- 2017-2018 Florida Citrus Production Guide (Source: University of Florida - Citrus Extensione Service; USA).
- Some graphic suggestion about managing your poultry during the birdmigration season, in order to prevent the spread of the avian-flu (avian-influenza) Article published by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Northern Ireland.
- Coffee requires cancer warning, California judge rules (News published by NBCNews.com, March 30, 2018).
- Farmer guides to Tropical Crops like mango, citrus fruits, pineapple, poultry, dairy, beekeeping. (News published by the National Agricultural Advisory Service of Uganda).
- 'K-State researchers make breakthrough in understanding glyphosate resistance' News published by The Fence Post (newspaper, USA).
- A guide for PhDs and early career researchers interested in a postdoc (Source: ecrLife website - 'Highlighting initiatives to improve the way science is performed and communicated').
- 'Ugandan journalists vow to change rhetoric against science' (Source: International Service for the Aquisition of Agri-Biotech Applications SEAsiaCenter - ISAAA).
- A simple pump operated by a motorbike is the latest innovation for farmers keen on irrigation due to its cost effectiveness Source: FarmBizAfrica.com
- The 19 'Drought and Water Management Tip Sheets', about California-crops drought-management (Source: California Istitute for Water Resources). It has also inspired a video, produced by the UCANR.
- 'Did you know that there are around 50 species of daffodil (Narcissus) but more than 15,000 cultivated varieties? (Source: Twitter-page of KewGardens).
- Secretary Vilsack Announces $36.5 Million for Specialty Crop Research and Extension Investments - United States Departement of Agriculture, August 2, 2016
- New EU study reveals EU would need 19 million more hectares of farm land to produce same amount of food without plant breeding techniques [..] ('.pdf') - - European Farmers European Agri-Cooperatives (Copa - Cogeca), July 28, 2016
- Innovations from Crop Research - SCI, July 28, 2016
- You can find more news-articles and document review in the Agrolinker's FORUM BOARDS
- You can send your agro-scientific press-releases to (remove the Xes): comunicatiXXX@XXXagrolinker.com (please, add also a link to the page where the press-release is published).